Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Top 80 Vintage Board Games 2017: 20-11

20) 221B Baker St

I love me some Sherlock Holmes! We played this a lot last year, I'm hoping for a repeat this year. But if it doesn't happen I'm afraid this may drop a bit.

19) TV Wars

I love this vintage game about running your own TV Station, but I've got to get this game out on a game night this year for it to stay in this spot, I fear that may not be the case and it may cause it to slide down on the new list come the end of the year!

18) Web of Gold

The more I play it the more I love it. If this trend continues I think you'll find this slightly higher on the list for next year. Super good game!

17) Star Trek

Best Trek game out there! Another nephew favorite that I can't see dropping out of the Top 20 anytime soon.

16) Omega Virus

This is a couple of good games away from making it into my Top 10. I absolutely love it. No way this is dropping lower on my list for 2018!

15) Bargain Hunter

Recently played during my video countdown and I noticed something this time around...the game kind of drags a little. Though my gaming group that night didn't seem to mind, I'd never noticed that until my last play through. For that reason I think this one will drop a bit behind other games for next year.

14) It from the Pit

Another great adventure game that is on the outside of my Top 10, looking in. This game could climb up a few more spots but make it short of that goal this year. But it doesn't matter who I bring it out for, everyone loved this game.

13) Fireball Island

Reprint comes out next year, could it be the key to shooting this game back in to the Top 10? Could be! I'm cheering for the Kickstarter (even be donating to it) because this was my grail game as a kid and I love it almost as much today! My nephews still ask for this one all the time!

12) Dark World

One of the most beautiful games I own. That being said, I'm sad to say this one will drop due to my nephews being more interested in playing the more advanced version of this game called Descent. So it may fall due to that.

11) Bas-Ket

Used to be my nephews favorite game but it seems he's moved on and he was the only one who loved playing it with me which doesn't bode well for this game in the next list. I expect it to fall a good bit as well as Dark World at the end of the year.

Top 10 coming up tomorrow!










No comments: