Monday, January 08, 2018

Religious Freedom is still alive in Mississippi

Recently the Supreme Court decided not to take the case in a law passed in Mississippi which provides religious freedom to businesses. The media had a field day on it. Calling it "anit" this and "anti" that. But it makes sense.

Look at the above sign posted at a place of business. Looking at this, I would say these folks discriminate on smokers, bare feet and tap dancing, just to name a few.  

Now here's a wild idea, if I'm any of the above I could perhaps go to another place who would be happy to take my business. That's what people are missing here....it's called "the point"

The point is not discrimination (which is wrong) but giving businesses the right to stand by their religious beliefs that would be contrary to their principles. This isn't just Christians I'm referring to here.

Imagine going into a Hindu restaurant and ordering a hamburger. (something I'd probably do) and having the staff tell you they don't serve beef. Should I call them bigots for adhering to their beliefs that the cow is sacred or should I be understanding and go somewhere else?

It's true that no other religion has been more attacked than Christianity and having a law which protects those beliefs should be what America is all about.

If a place won't let you enter, due to certain lack of clothing, go somewhere else that will. 

No comments: