Friday, January 26, 2018

Top 100 Board Games 2017: 40-31

40) Century Spice Road

This is a game that the more I play, it grows on me. I'm thinking this'll be a Top 30 game when it's all said and done at the end of the year. Could squeeze in to my Top 20 if the expansion due to come out is any good.

39) Eketorp

A game so good others in my group bought it as well. I wasn't sure about this game for the longest before I broke down and gave it a shot. Now I love it. I think it'll be solid in my Top 40 and if it gets enough play time, it could trend up!

38) Conquest of the Empire

Down from #13 from the year before, I've loved this game since I was a kid but didn't get to the table as much as it usually does. That being said, I was able to get it out more after my list was made and though I love this game, the competition below could bring it down a tad in 2018.



37) Blood Feud in New York

I ranked this one above Conquest of the Empire this year though it's essentially the same game with a gangster theme. It dropped down from #14 in 2016 but I'm afraid it's going to freefall a little this year. The main reason is because I seem to be the only person who enjoys it. My gaming group would rather play "Empire". Not a good sign for this game I'm afraid. Could even drop out of the Top 50!

36) Empires: Age of Discovery

Oh my. Now that I've played this game more I can tell you, it's bucking to become one of my Top 10 games of all time! I love it more every time I play it. Simply incredible game. Eagle Gryphon's best ever in my opinion!

35) King's Abbey

Another game trending up on my list. My gaming group loves it, as do I. With more gameplay's I can see this easily reaching my Top 20 for 2018. Who'd have thought, a game I hated played at BGG Con, would make it this high?

34) Police Precint

This game tumbled from its #23 rank the year before and may do so again in 2018. The problem being is that not many folks in my gaming group like coop games and even though this is the most unique coop out there, it's not grabbing folks attention which means it's going to tumble again at the end of the year.

33) Cleopatra and the Society of Architects

Another game you won't be seeing fall from the Top 40. It's right outside my Top 30 but I don't know if it can get in due to the already stiff competition on my shelf. This is a beautiful game and the only one from Days of Wonder that I own.

32) Stone Age

Such a great worker placement game and it's right outside my Top 30. I think it's position is safe on my list for this year but with enough plays it could crack the coveted Top 30! I wish this game would go back into print. Boggles my mind why they haven't done it yet. I see this game on a lot of peoples "Top 100" lists.

31) Coal Baron

Awesome bidding/worker placement game that has one of the coolest player boards out there. But this game may fall a few spots due to some board games down below that I'm finding are a little more fun to play. Doesn't change the fact that I think this is an excellent game!









No comments: