Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Top 100 Board Games 2017: 60-51

60) Penny Press

If I don't bring this out more to my group this one may fall a bit on the list. It's a great game but in getting newer games to my collection it's bound to happen that some of them will fall.

59) Niagara

From #20 in 2016 to #59 in 2017. This game is the only Rio Grande Game in my collection (so far) It's a great game but with the board warping it hinders game play which may drop it more on my list but doesn't change my love for the game!

58) Porta Nigra

Another game my group loves more than me. I plan on bringing out several times more in 2018 and see if I agree with them. At #58 it's got plenty of room to grow!

57) Via Appia

Quick game to teach and learn. Solid hit by Queen Games. I think it has enough staying power to rank the same in 2018 if not jump up a spot or two.

56) Versailles

Oh my gosh, this game is going to jump high on my list for 2018. The more I've played it, the more I love it. Such a wonderful game that gets better each time I play it. Could be a Top 30 game by the end of the year!

55) Hamburgum

Love the game but hard to get people excited over the theme. This may drop a little but only to new ad ins to the list. Good production quality on this one too!

54) Queen's Architect

Queen Games is my favorite publisher. So many great games in me collection, this is one of them. It may slide a little down the list but has the staying power to remain in my Top 60 at the end of the year.


53) Tobago

Only 2 ways this goes. One way is up and that's if I play it enough this year. The other way is down and that's if I don't play it enough. Simple as that! Either way I don't think it'll move much in either direction if it does move.

52) Deep Sea Adventure

Oh my, another little game with a LOT inside it. I'm thinking it may be enough to catapult it into the Top 50 by the next list. We now play 4 rounds per game and I'm pondering a 5th because you just don't want to stop!!

51) Snow Tails

#47 last time it barely dropped, I believe the same will be said for when my next list comes around unless this one really takes off with my gaming group. I personally ADORE this racing game and hope I can bring it to the table several times in 2018.










No comments: