Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Top 100 Board Games 2017: 70-61

70) High Tide

Another great game from Queen Games which is going to fall a little on the list only because its weird summer beach theme can't be played year round it probably won't get that much play time. Still a good game, but newer games added to the list might push this one down.

69) Biblios

This game will drop slightly because I love the dice version better and will probably play it more. It'll stay on my list but a few spots lower.


68) Ebay

My absolute favorite auction game but I'll be moving it to the vintage list next year to make space and give this the better rating it deserves!

67) Biblios Dice

With enough play time this should be able to hold it's own on the list. It may drop a few spots in 2018 but that's about it. I thought about combining this game with Biblios but they're so different it wouldn't work.

66) Can't Stop

GREAT push your luck game that I'll be moving to the vintage list next year so it can rank higher. Not the prettiest looking game in my collection (by far) but it is fantastically fun!


65) Mice and Mystics/ Tailfeathers

If I can't get a new campaign started up this year with my nephews (which is doubtful) then these two excellent dungeon crawl games are going to drop a good bit on my next list. We shall see...

64) Drum Roll

If this gets played enough it could move up! I love the circus theme and I recently acquired a mini-expansion for the game that I know will bump it up for me. Beautiful looking game as well and Megan loves it too (which is always a bonus for any game in my collection)

63) Robo Rally

Another game on the list that is trending up. Every time I play it the more I like it. And my gaming group loves this "programming" game as well. Expect it to rise a lot in 2018.

62) Pandemic

This one fell from grace in 2016 from a #22 rank to now but I don't see it falling any farther than that. This is an awesome coop game that I love playing and think it will survive to reclaim its same ranking here on the list for next year.

61) Zombies!!!

#9 in 2016 looks like it was the last time it'll ever make my Top 10 but depending on what future expansions look like it could crawl back up a few spots when everything's said and done. But if Twilight Creations keeps up there terrible delays and customer service, this game could fall again on the list. It's up to the newest expansion(s) to see if this happens or not.










No comments: