Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Top 80 Vintage Board Games 2017: 10-1

Here we are at my Top 10 Vintage game predictions! Let's get things started!

10) Donkey Kong Card Game

Excellent card game! My highest rated one of the list, but I'm not sure how much it can hold on against several potential games from the Top 20. I believe this my be it's only time in my Top 10. 

9) Hotel Tycoon

Another nephew favorite. This game is Monopoly on steroids! Though I have a feeling it's also going to slip out of my Top 10 next year too.

8) Crocodile Dentist

No way this one's budging from the Top 10. Can't see that happening ever. That being said, it may move down one or two spots but it'll do no worse than #10 next year.

7) Boggle

Highest classic ranked game on my list. But the problem is no one will play it with me anymore so it may start to sink a bit in 2018

6) Mr President

With election time being further away I'm afraid this one might lose some steam as well this year. I love it but it's hard to get someone to care about a game about running for president, especially if it's not on anyone's mind at the time. Like playing a X-mas themed game in March, just not the right time.

5) Nerts

Another card game that I LOVE but can never get anyone to play with me. That fact might hurt it on the list a little but not too much. I think it'll still fall within my Top 10.

4) King Oil

Another favorite of my nephews, there's no way this is falling. Oil is going up and so is this game if anyone of my top 3 start to drop. Excellent game!

3) Campaign Trail

Like Mr President this excellent game could also take a tumble too. I really don't see it leaving my Top 10 but I do think it'll slide a little at the end of the year.

2) Thunder Road

Another game that'll be hard to beat. Heck! It could give my #1 a run for it when I make the list at the end of the year, who knows?! It's a flawless game!

1) McDonald's

Can anyone topple the king this year? It's not impossible but it's not going to be easy either. Guess we'll have to see what 2018 brings.

See you next time folks!













No comments: