Thursday, January 25, 2018

Top 100 Board Games 2017: 50-41

50) Quartz

Ranked it at #44 the first year I got it and it barely went down. This bag-grabbing, push your luck game is a lot of fun but might fall slightly out of the Top 50 for me due to new additions entering my collection.

49) Shakespeare

What an amazing game. If it hits the table like it did in 2017 it's going to move up the list. At the very least , this one should remain in the Top 50.

48) Parfum

Another game that's going to remain on the Top 50 for next year. Competition is tough but so far this game about making and selling perfume has been a hit with my gaming group!

47) Liguria

Queen Games again! Just like the game I mentioned above, this one won't move out of the Top 50 and could even move up if it keeps getting played. All my Queen Games games are this way. But this "prequel" to Fresco has everything going for it and nothing against it!

46) Thebes

Triple threat for Queen Games here! Another one that I believe will stay in the Top 50 in my next list. This game feels like Indiana Jones without the Nazi's. Very thematic which will keep it firm in the rankings.

45) Black Fleet

Just like I said in my review, this game went from #19 to #45 because I didn't bring it to the table (though my gaming group asked for it on more than one occasion) This year I promise to bring it out more and when that happens this should easily jump back up into the list. Best guess, Top 40.


44) The Adventurers (Both games)

These games were both on my list at #41 the year before and only slipped a few spaces this year. Incredibly great games that I've never won but love all the same. They may slide a few more spots when I bring more games in but overall, it should hold on my Top 50 list.

43) Dice Town

Trending up from the year before and still rising, this game just came out with an expansion and it was a hit with my group. If this game is as lucky as its dice rolling mechanism, it can move up a few more spots by the end of the year!

42) Restorante Italia

I had this game marked high on my list when I first played it, then dropped it a few spots when I played it a few more times. Super great game and I think I nailed it because this one only budges when I new/better game enters the list. Besides that, it's solid on my list!

41) Expedition Northwest Passage

Oh my! The quality of production on this explorer game is beyond reproach! I love it! Such a fantastic looking game and it plays well. It'll be tough cracking through the Top 40 but with my game plays than the year before and I believe it could make it. If not, it'll sit comfortably here on my next list.













No comments: