Saturday, January 27, 2018

Please leave the gym

Man, there is no "kind" way to say this, but I hate when people show up to the gym at the first of the Year because there New Year's Resolution was to "get in shape" only to do nothing in the gym but take up space for 3 months until finally giving up.

I saw 2 girls in the gym this week sitting on equipment that with very little weights, going (sloppily) through the motions of a workout but not breaking a sweat. It's like they thought by just moving light weights around for a few seconds they were making a difference. Like going on a diet but only giving up candy bars and switching to diet soda. It ain't gonna help if you're stuffing your face full of pizza and chips every day.

I applaud and support ANYONE who wants to better their health. Heck, nothing makes me admire someone more than going out there and really trying. I love seeing someone new in the gym who STAYS in the gym (past March) and starts to show a difference in their look. I'm so happy for them.

It's a shame we have people like the ones I see every day not even trying and thinking they're making a difference.

1 comment:

John said...

Haha, me and my buddy Shawn used to discuss this phenomenon when we gymmed together. "New Year's Resolutors"... they'll be gone by March