Monday, January 22, 2018

Top 100 Board Games 2017: 80-71

80) Batman: Gotham City Mystery

My favorite Batman game out there, but due to space on my list, it's gotta be inducted into the Vintage game list for next year. I don't anticipate playing it as much as I have in the past since everyone from my old gaming group who liked this is gone. It's still my favorite super hero game though!

79) 300

Surprisingly good game! It'll sink on the list for this year only because it's 2 player and will be hard to get to the table, but I do enjoy the game!

78) Temple Run

In 2016 I was playing the app all the time! I had this ranked at #27. Then I stopped playing the app and it fell to #78, I'm still not playing the app, so this'll either take another big drop but still remain on my list for 2018.

77) Survive

Super cool game that I have trouble getting out for game night. I'm moving it to my vintage list this year to make space for other games. To be honest, it almost got moved last year to the Vintage list so this was something that was going to happen eventually. This doesn't mean I love the game less I just think it'll get a more deserving a ranking this way.

76) Homesteaders

According to my board game group, I was under-ranked this game. But I do plan to play it several more times this year and watch it move up on the list. I just hate that it has a run away leader problem. Other than that it's a fun game!

75) Trump

A vintage game that stayed on my main list and even moved up!! But now that the sheen of his presidency is getting older I think this may have to move over to the vintage list before it starts to fall on this one. I still enjoy this game a lot!

74) Say Anything

My favorite (and only) party game I own. It was #49 in 2016, moved down the list because it didn't get played and I expect the same thing to happen this year as well. I'm not avoiding playing it, I just prefer other games over a party game. I believe it'll still make my list for 2018 albeit much lower.

73) Boss Monster

My little brother's favorite game but I can't get it to the table much at all. It was #66 the year before and I think it's going to trend down again because I don't play it much. I'm not so hot for card based games but this one is one of my favorites all the same. I still buy the expansions and hope of one day this catching on with my gaming group.

72) Dream Home

Thanks to an excellent expansion I predict this one may only drop one or two, to make room for newer games on my list but it won't fall as much as it would've without the "must have" expansion for the game. Still fun building your own home. A game I know my wife would love....if she ever took the time to play it.

71) Abandon Ship

Great dice game that is easy to break out but gets lost in the shuffle more often than usual. For that reason, it too may drop a few more spots when newer games hit the list in 2018.












No comments: