Friday, January 19, 2018

Top 100 Board Games 2017: 90-81

90) Healthy Heart Hospital

In 2016 is was ranked and astounding  #24 on my list. But as I saw the length of games stretch more and more and realized the cheap board quality my heart sank as did it's ranking. It's only a matter of time before this is off my list (and maybe out of my collection) 2017 I think will be it's final year.

89) Monster Menace America

Such a great game that sadly will drop as I add more games to my list. I don't play it as often and it does hold the risk of dropping completely off my list if I acquire too many board games. It won't be leaving my collection however due to the fact that I still love it!

88) Klondike Rush

A new game to my list last year and I ranked it here because I didn't get to play it as much as I liked. 2018 will be a defining moment for this game as I decide where to better rank it. I have a feeling it may stay where it is unless my group really gets a hankering for it.

87) Show Manager

This game is going to fall on my list next year but only due to newer games being added. I doubt it'll fall off completely because my wife loves it a lot as do I so it'll still be on the list (albeit lower) in 2018.

86) The Networks

Talk about another one that's fallen from grace. I ranked it #30 in 2016 because it was new and I'd only played it a few times. Then I saw the "sports card" flaw I spoke about in my online review and the game took a steep drop. I have the expansion coming in soon and that will be the decision maker on whether this games soars back up on my list or falls off completely. No pressure "Executives" expansion.....none at all.

85) Mississippi Queen

I have a feeling this one's moving up. The more I play it the more I'm impressed by this "slow" racing game which plays surprisingly fast! If I can keep getting it to the table it's going to climb a few more spots on my list for 2018.

84) Dream Factory

This game about making movies will fall on my list but not completely off. Simple and fun but not enough gameplay to climb at all on my list.

83) Smugglers

This awesome game will be pushed down by newer games that come to my list but it won't fall off the list due to it's extremely fun game play. Lovely children's game that adults can play as well!

82) Avalanche at Yeti Mountain

I have no idea what 2018 has in store for this game. I bought the mini-expansion since my review "Inventions" and LOVE it! Adds more to the game that's already a hoot! I think this may hang out around the same spot this year if I keep playing it. Small box game with a lot of fun!

81) Cable Car

The only way this game's dropping is due to newer games coming it. Cable Car is a quick easy game to play that's very enjoyable. So happy to have it in my collection.

Have a good weekend folks, I'll be back with more next week!










No comments: