Monday, January 29, 2018

Top 100 Board Games 2017: 30-21

Welcome back as I give my predictions on my games for 2017 and how they will fare on my list for next year! For full reviews of the games, be sure to check out my YouTube playlists!

30) Formula D

Since falling out of my Top Ten the year before (it was #10) I think I've got this ranking about right. We had so much fun playing this on vacation that I think  it's enough to stay right here on the list again when the time comes to make it again.

29) Star Wars Duels

This game's eligible for my "Vintage" list but when it's still making the Top 30, I'm not yet ready to retire it. It got a lot of plays last year because Megan enjoyed it and I haven't really introduced my gaming group to it, who I'm pretty sure will love it. So for now I'm calling this one remains in the Top 30 for this year.

28) At the Gates of Loyang

Uwe Rosenburg's only game on my list. (though I'll be adding a new one to the list in 2018) I think this game is wonderful! I believe it even has the staying power to remain in my Top 30 for 2018 as well.

27) Sons of Anarchy

Like I said in my review, this game is highly underrated. I love the game, Megan loves the show but hasn't played it yet. If she turns out to like this game, you could see it move up again on my list. (it was #36 the year before) However, if the Mrs. doesn't like it, it could fall out of my Top 30 once again.

26) Flashpoint: Fire Rescue

It pains me that this game dropped from #11 just a few years ago. But again, coop games are something my group isn't big on. I do have the newest expansion coming in soon and can't wait to start playing it.....I just need someone to play it with.I hate that such a great game goes unappreciated by my gaming group.

25) Lancaster

Queen Games does it again! This game is fantastic and will definitely remain in my Top 30 by the end of the year. It's hard to say if it'll go up. There's a lot of games bucking for those spots and though this title doesn't seem to have a good chance of that happening, it's such a fantastic game, it won't even matter.

24) Commissioned

Another coop I love, Megan loves and my gaming group thought was a little better than most of the rest. Problem remains that it's coop and I don't see hardly any of them doing well on the list unless I find a new gaming group who appreciates them. Personally for me, this is one of the best coops out there. Great theme, a bigger challenge than Pandemic and an amazingly good time in every play!

23) Scoville

With a little more love, this game about growing peppers could jump into the Top 20. It's guaranteed to stick high around my list for this year as well I can feel it. I love the look and feel of this game so much! The expansion (though not necessary) is essential each time I set it up. Fantastic game.

22) Battle Ball

Another game that could make my vintage list, but also could rise into my Top 20 so it's going to stick around for another year until I find out. I really love this simple dice chucking game about Football in the future. Either way, I don't see this one dropping on my list.

21) Pay Dirt

It barely missed my Top 20 last year and I think it may be able to make it this year. It's knocking on the door for sure, so I'm calling it "going up" on the list in 2018!


















No comments: