Wednesday, December 29, 2021

Memories of Home


 I thought about going by the old house one last time this morning before selling it but decided against it and I'm glad I did. 

Too many memories, I didn't need to think about minutes before closing. And since I sold to an investor I think it would've made me feel sorry for the house...no matter how silly that sounds. 

But when I left the house for the last time, I did get a little choked up over thinking about all the good times we had in that house. 

My little girls playing in the front yard, riding there scooters, or bathing them in the kitchen sinks. I'll also miss the times they'd sit by the window and watch me mow the grass, cheering every time I walked by. 

The inside of the home carries several good times too. Caleb and I making the Styrofoam karate video after moving those boxes in. Halloween and New Year's parties. My girls' first Christmas. All of it and more. 

Megan was only a fan of the house for one year before she wanted to move. She was devastated with the thought of us staying there forever, which may have happened if it'd only been us 4. So she never was a fan. 

Me? I loved the house. It was a good house. I was about to pay it off next year too. But life changed (for the better) and I've got new little ones to think about. 

But you can't but feel attached to something that's been a big part of your life for over 13 years. 

Good bye home. 

No comments: