Wednesday, December 01, 2021

Alphabet Board Games: S


 Spartacus

Another no brainer for me, I didn't even have to look on my shelves for this pick. The game has it all. For you make alliances, play cards against other players, or just cash in some cards for extra money for the bidding round. 

In the bidding round, you bid on servants, gladiators, gear and the honor of hosting the upcoming games. What you get and how you build your house is imperative to how you win the game. 

Finally, there's a battle. Even if you're not a part of it, you're in the wings betting on the outcome and cheering as the match rages on. It's the most involved I've ever seen a game give players who....aren't actively involved in the battle. 

And after a victory in the arena, you can't help but let out a scream of triumph. 

I love it. 

No comments: