Wednesday, March 06, 2019

Most interesting road side attractions

Maybe I need to get out more but I'd love to see these places someday.

 Flinstones Bedrock City: Arizona

How have I been all over Az and NO ONE'S ever told me about this place?! I definitely would have gone and checked it out if I'd had known. Megan's a HUGE Flintstone fan who I know would love this place too.

If I ever go back, I'll have to track this place down.

Hole N' the Wall: Utah

As the story goes a man named Albert Christenson spent 12 years of his life back in the 40's and 50's digging more than 50,000 cubic square feet into the side of a mountain that he lived in as a home. When he died in 1957 he asked his wife to continue his work. Gladys opened up a tourist spot where people could pay to take a tour of this amazing dwelling!

When she passed away in 1974 it became a full time tourist attraction, complete with a zoo and gift shop! I think this is so cool and can only imagine what it was like to live in such a home back in the day.

Incredible stuff!

Clown Motel: Nevada

Oh man! I couldn't believe this place was true until I looked it up online myself. A motel filled with clown decor. Happy clowns but all the same folks say it's one of the creepiest places to stay. I'd really love to try it out one day. It looks very interesting and besides, clowns don't scare me. I'd go for the uniqueness of it all.

No comments: