Friday, January 19, 2024

PURGE 2024 (10)

These last few were the hardest to cut I think. This one was fun. But again, I have other dice selection games that are better so looking at it from that angle, I had to let this one go. 
Another great game but once again, the mechanics are similiar to other games in my colleciton and this was among the ones who rank the lowest on my list, hence the decsion was made to cut it. 
Stupid AP gamers in my group forced my hand on this one. NO REASON this game should last longer than an hour yet somehow my group made sure it lasted over 3!! Drove my nuts so I finally yeilded to their annoying AP and decided to purge the game instead. 
Great at 4 players. Not as stellar at any other player count. Didn't realize that until this past year and also realized that I mainly play 3 players these days, which meant this game was going to suffer due to that circumstance, so I tried not to get to misty eyed when packing it up. 
Finally, the BIG one! Excellent game (getting a reprint this year) but that's not the reason I let it go. It takes SO LONG to set up!! And it's hard to keep up with all the achievable goals in the game. It had good trade value and even though I enjoyed the game, it was a BEAST to lay out and put up. That reason alone was good enough for me to purge it. 

And that's my list so far folks! What other games will be purged? I have no idea, but I know I'll be keeping an eye out while I'm playing through my collection this year to find out. 

Have a good weekend folks!
 

No comments: