Thursday, April 27, 2023

The disappearing Game Group


 There was a time where I had 8 people in my gaming group and I split them up to come over every other week. For a long time I was even entertaining 6 at a time with a 2-player table to rotate out of. 

And for Zombiegeddon I had 16 people playing at the same time!!!

Today I have a fraction of the gaming group now. 

2 couples left. 4 total. And one couple is leaving at the end of the year. 

Of my nephews, only one still plays with me. 2 are completely out and another will only play if there's no video games or YouTube's videos around to watch. 

I'm trying to get my nephews friends into playing more. We played TI4 last year and Time Stories this year. I introduced them to other games one night but haven't had them over since (due to school and other activities they have)

I'm a little worried on what to do if my gaming group goes away. 

My girls turned 4 but are a long way from playing games on a regular basis with me. At the very least they could stat playing some of my vintage games (which is something) but it'll be another 6 to 7 years until they're old enough to play older games with me. 

Just have to hold on until then...

No comments: