Friday, September 24, 2021

Tips for TI4: The Mahact Gene-Sorcerers


 In our most recent game, this was the race I played as...and it was the only thing that gave me the win. 

This group is ruthless. Where other "1st level" leaders help opponents, this race helps only itself. When attacking or attacked, you keep on of their tokens permanently in the game in your fleet supply, which allows you to allocate your other tokens on your playing board. 

Also, when you have one of their Command token on your board, you also possess the power of that races Commander as well. (which is nuts powerful) The Commander of this race allows you to activate a previously activated tile.... which is HUGE. And the Hero allows you to spawn anywhere on the board and attack another player without them having the option to retreat. (even with an Action Card) 

In our last game, everyone wised up to me and started taking out my forces all across the board. I had only my home planet and the one next to it are all that remained under my control...I should've been dead in the water. 

However, I realized I obtained just about everyone's token and with it, the power of their Commanders. I came back with a vengeance, using each of their advantages against them in battle. My Hero won the day when I was able to conquer a home planet and achieve a Secret mission to win the game. 

Let me be clear. Without the race, I would NOT have won. Only the groups combined attacked made me go full Super Sans on them in the final rounds of the game. I don't believe this race could ever be truly eliminated from the game because of this. 

If my group tries that again and I'm not this race....I'll be in a whole heap of trouble.  

No comments: