Tuesday, October 09, 2018

Scariest Moments (4)

Grass Snake

When I was a kid living in Forest, MS I went biking around the neighborhood and came across (what I thought) was a rubber snake. We used these all the time as kids, scaring other kids, so I thought someone has left theirs in the road and it'd be a perfect addition to my collection of gags.

But when I bent down to pick it up....it moved.

I jumped so bad I was on my bike FLYING back to my house. Panicked that the snake was right on my tail, I ran inside, into my room, shut the door and watched out the window to see if it was coming after me.

For some reason I thought it had caught my scent and was coming for me! I must have sat 10 minutes in my room until I thought it was safe to leave the room....but I stayed in the house for the rest of the day just in case.

No comments: