Tuesday, October 23, 2018

Bilbo's Last Song (Review)

As you know, I love me some Tolkien! And his Middle-Earth series is what I love the most! While online (bored) one week, I came across this novel written by Tolkien to his secretary before he passed away, then later released.

It's supposed to be the last thing Bilbo wrote before he crossed the sea in the end of Lord of the Rings. I checked all the supplemental material I had and didn't see it so I purchased a copy with my gift card.

Low and behold it took me 1 minute to read through it. It's that short. Sure, it's ok, but I wish they would've included it in the History of Middle Earth books back in the 80's. To print it on it's own isn't worth the price.

Oh well, it's part of my collection now and I'm keeping it on the shelf!

No comments: