Monday, October 22, 2018

Saved by the Bell: Wedding in Las Vegas

I grew up watching Saved by the Bell like every kid my age back in the 90's. I followed the show all the way to the end and even watched their College series as well as their Hawaiian movie. But the one thing I never saw was the final movie they made where Zach and Kelly get married.

By then interest in the characters had died down but I was still interested in seeing how it would end. I remember I was working at the mall that night and had forgotten to tape it on the VCR.  I regretted it that night and never thought about it again.

While cruising on Hulu for something to fill my time, I came across it and decided to give it a go.

It's pretty bad. Thankfully there's no forced laugh track as in the TV show but out of the hour and half of footage, you really should tune in to the last 8 minutes to enjoy it.

Jessie arrives at the tale end of the movie to make a cameo for the wedding and have the whole group together one last time. They also show characters from the College Years as well as Mr Belding, so as to tie the series together.

One thing I thought was good was the montage of young Kelly and Zach growing up together on the show. I'm sure back then every girl was gushing over this movie and has fond memories of it today. I remember some of my friends telling me it was much better than the Hawaiian movie that had come out earlier.

Weird story that a 19 year old finds it very important to go ahead and get married to his true love. That's a story you won't see done today and is one of the movie's few saving graces.

If you were a fan of the show....meh, it's up to you. Maybe invite a few friends over for drinks and socialize as you watch it, thinking back to the good ole days of TV when you thought this was good.

No comments: