Thursday, January 21, 2016

Mr Fix-it

Last week our garbage disposal broke so I had to replace it with a new one. I had no idea what I was doing and had never done anything like this before, but after a full hour I was able to switch it out with a new one.

I even had to re-wire the plug for the new one because it didn't come with one. (cheap-skates) it was quite a hassle, but I felt a strange sense of accomplishment after it was done. I now know why Dad knew how to do so much when I was younger....he'd figured it out along the way just as I'm doing now.

Kind of wild when I think about it.

Anyway, have you ever tried taking on a home project on your own? What was it like? Did you succeed or fail? And would you try it again?

Me? No way. I hope this disposal last forever! I NEVER want to do this again!

P.S. And Megan won't call me "Mr. Fitx-it" no matter how much I beg her to.

No comments: