Friday, January 22, 2016

2016 Diet

Another thing Megan and I started this month was the Ideal Protein diet. Now usually, I'm not for hoping on the band wagon to the latest craze but I have to admit, I've seen some pretty telling results from it.

Mom lost several pounds and cured her diabetes while on it and folks from our church have not only lost weight from doing it but have managed to keep it off for a whole year!

So Megan and I thought we'd give it a try. I'm about 25 pounds overweight from eating out all the time while on the road this year and am looking to curve that down to what I was at the start of the year. With this diet I can do that and keep it off (as long as I eat responisible and continue my daily work out routine that is)

The diet's very simple to follow. they give you a list of foods you can eat along with protein snacks to help you get by. You cut out ALL sugars (even natural) and let your body pull from fat to keep up. But you have to ensure to eat a lot of protein so it doesn't attack your muscles as well! I have to say it's the easiest diet I've ever done!

Once you've reached your weight goal, it eases you off the plan slowly to let your body adjust to your new weight. This ensures you won't gain it all back when you eventually get off the diet and start eating whatever you want. I love it!

Only a few weeks in and I've already seen improvement. Over the next few months I'll keep ya'll posted on the end result!

Have a good weekend folks!

No comments: