Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Top 100 Board Games 2016 (60-51)

#60 Rush N Crush

Recently played this game again and had a blast. Actually helped it climb a few spots in my ranking this year. This is racing in the future as you're not only racing to a finish line with several gadgets in you car, but blowing up the competition along the way! Customizable tracks keeps this game exciting and fresh!

2017 Prediction: Hard to say. If I continue to pull it out it could go up the list and the exact opposite if it doesn't get play. I'll have to wait and see what happens. 

#59 Bas-Ket

An old game that's been around for decades. Very early in my collection I added one to my collection similar to the one we had as kids. It's the perfect basketball game that I love to play during March Madness. A ping pong ball rolls around a court and falls into holes where you use prongs to shoot out of. Total fun every time we play. This is one of my little nephew's favorite games. He asked for it every time he's over.

2017 Prediction: Originally I had this game higher but with so many games coming in at the end of the year, it got pushed back down. It could rise in the list next year if the consecutive plays continue. 
 
#58 Shark Attack

A children's game where you're different colored fish running away from a mechanical shark that's chomping its way around the board. Quick and fun, this game is great for all ages!

2017 Prediction: This game won't much much on the list. It's easy to set up, play and enjoy. Great game.

#57 Dynamite

Great kids game where you try to get around all 4 towers by placing bridge pieces between each tower. But if you role a "dynamite" symbol on the die, press the plunger and BOOM!! Blow a bridge out of the water! It's random so you never know if it's going to be yours or someone else. So great a game, I had another buddy of mine buy it after playing it at my house on a gaming night.

2017 Prediction: This one will also hold steady on the list around the same rank next year. Straight fun!

#56 Tank Battle

Out of all the vintage war games I bought this year, this one is my favorite hands down! In this open battlefield you control 6 tanks with a focus on destroying the enemies tanks first. On a private peg board (like Battleship) you guess where your opponent is going to move. Guess correctly and you take them out. Or go head to head and hope you have the stronger tank! This game well exceeded expectations for me.

2017 Prediction: I can't see this game moving on the list. It's a solid game and even though it's two players, it's still one of the better games in my collection for that category.

#55 Road Kill Rally

Race to the finish and you might not win. Shoot other cars, run over pedestrians and finish the race... you have a chance. Zman games makes great games and this forgotten gem is not one many people remember.

I found it by happy accident earlier this year, got it, loved the game. Especially the pedestrian figures which consist of children and grandma's with walkers....so good.

2017 Prediction: This one scares me because it's not getting to the table now or looking like it will in the future. Too many other board games are passing it up. If this trend continues, this game could suffer a hit on the list for next year.

#54 Crocodile Dentist

I'm not ashamed to have this game so high on my list. It's so simple. Take turns pushing in teeth until SNAP goes his jaws and you're out of the game! I play this all the time, wherever I go. It's no set up, no rules to understand and takes 30 seconds to play.

We bring this out all the time at game nights for filler and fun. No matter what occasion, if a game is acceptable to bring, I'm packing this one for sure!

2017 Prediction: Believe it or not, I may rank this even higher on the list if the amount of gameplays continue like this.

#53 Nerts

Putting a card game on the list felt wrong to me at first but the more I realized it's just as much a favorite of mine than anything, it continued to rise om my list. Plays like solitaire but competitive. My best memories from this game is playing with my great grandmother and one Thanksgiving when my entire family sat around and played a 6 player game. Crazy fun!

2017 Prediction: Since my creation of the list, this game has jumped over 20 spots and I think it'll rise nex year if I keep playing it as much.   


#52 Cleopatra and the Society of Architects

I debated back and forth on whether I should get this game or not. I played it at GenCon and was disappointed but later found out I was playing it wrong. So I took a risk and bought it hoping to enjoy it more the next time around.

That bet paid off and it sits proudly on my list! In this game, you're building a temple for Cleopatra. During the time you're building the temple, you collect corruption tokens that give you an edge in the game. But don't collect too many or Cleopatra will kill you off at the end of the game!

I love this game. So much fun and a beautiful board to look at once its over. It also uses the game box which I love as well.

2017 Predictions: The more I play this game, the more I love it. It may crack my top 50 next year at this rate.

#51 Dice Town

Putting poker cards on dice, collect prizes for the most of each set or best hand over all. Winner is who has the most points at the end. I tried this game out for two reasons. 1) My growing love for dice game and 2) wanting to add a western themed game to my collection.

This delivers on both points. I love it! I got the expansion and though it's good, isn't necessary for the overall enjoyment of the game. I took a risk buying before trying but in this case, it paid off!

2017 Prediction: Another game with a lot of potential to rise in my ranks. Can't wait to show it to more friends on game night to see what they think. 


No comments: