Monday, December 05, 2016

The Witch

I kept hearing talk about this movie on Amazon Prime so I thought I'd check it out for myself.

The Witch is a story, set in old folklore, back during the Salem Trials where people were accused of being a witch. But this story breaks away from tradition and follows a family as they move away from their settlement to find a new place to live, away from it all. Only to discover they've moved next to a residential witch.

The story has the feel of Sam Rami's The Village but with less "scare" and more ominous settings. That being said, this movie had me captivated with it's amazing cinematography, yet it suffered a weak ending in my opinion.

Overall, the movie is worth your time but only if you're prepared not to see much of an actual witch in the flick and more of a beautifully shot film, with interesting characters and a decent plot.

No comments: