Monday, December 26, 2016

Settlers of Catan Reivew

Since it's one of my favorite board games, last month I decided to read the novel based off the game. I wasn't expecting much from the novel and there isn't much "adventure" there. Just the story of a group of settlers, moving to....Catan.

But the story surprised me to be much more than that. There's actually some Christian aspects in the novel that have me wondering if it was written by a believer. The story features some interesting characters and a story that keeps your interest. But if you haven't played the game you may be bored with the subject matter because it's kind of run of the mill. That's not to say that the novel was bad, it just didn't stand out as much as I think it could've.

Odd enough to say it but I was they'd written a sequel. I think it would've gotten interesting the more books they put out. Overall, I enjoyed the novel and am glad I read it.

No comments: