Thursday, December 15, 2016

Jericho Review

So after many years I finally decided to give this show a chance. Rivaled only by Firefly as one of the biggest fan favorite shows to get canceled, I've spoken to several people who told me how good it is.

It was on Netflix so I gave it a try last month. Only being 2 seasons (the 2nd only lasting 7 episodes) it was easy to finish. Now that I'm done, I thought I'd give a review of it as well.

The series is....over rated. Hate to say it, but it's true. And I don't think it's because TV has "gotten better" I think it wasn't that good to begin with. I know why people got turned off. of the show and stopped watching.

Here's the story. A small town in Kansas survives a nuclear strike set out against the US. Now in this apocalyptic world the town must fend off various threats to their own survival.

Sounds like an awesome idea for a TV show right? Well imagine that....on the CW. Where we have campy, teen angst R&B music from today, mixed in with scenes of family's coming together, and people falling in (and out) of love with each other. BLECH!

The show really ticked me off because it could have been so much more. I like the star Skeet Ulrich, but he was wasted by poor writing and a plot line that dragged as bad as Agents of Shield.

If you saw this back in the day and loved it....I'm sorry. You were fooled. If you haven't seen it before. I saved you the time to watch it. You're welcome. 

No comments: