Friday, July 08, 2016

Top 5 soups

I know this is not really a summer topic. I meant to do this earlier in the year but forgot. Found my list last week and thought "Meh, why not!?"

So here we go!!

5) Broccoli Cheese

If you would have asked me back in the 90's what my favorite soup was, you would have heard me say this one. I still love it today but it has slipped a few pegs in the ranking since then. Doesn't mean I love it any less than I did as a kid. Always good!

4) Mushroom

Dang! I wish I could say this was my #1. I LOVE me some mushroom soup! I could eat this stuff all day! I don't know when my love for mushrooms came around but I believe I loved them even as a kid.

Sad thing is, this doesn't get mad enough around my house or Mom's or it'd be higher on the list!

3) French Onion 

A staple in most restaurants. And it's almost always my choice when I see it. To the cooked cheese on top to the sweet onion goodness on the bottom, this is a great soup everyone should love!

2) Egg Drop

This may not be on everyone's list but me and this soup go WAY back! I love me some Chinese food and egg drop soup is a MUST whenever I visit. I can't explain why I love it so much but I do. It almost got #1 on the list, before I recalled the true king of soups.

1) Gumbo

Whether seafood, chicken, sausage or heck ANYTHING, I'm all about some gumbo! Mom never makes it and neither does Megan so sadly the only times I get to have it is when we go out and you don't get seconds on the lovin' there!

If this is all I had to live on for a year, I'd be a happy man. No doubt about it!

Ok folks, that's my Top 5....what's yours?





No comments: