Monday, June 03, 2024

Final Purge (15)


 Yep. I also got rid of Dinosaur World as well. 

Why? Easy. 

The game took too long to set up and my group had TERRIBLE AP when playing. A regular game lasted 4 hours MINIMUM which was ridiculous! Finally, they decided to buy their own copy so I traded mine away. Shockingly the kickstarter edition I had doesn't go for much anymore. In fact, I thought about taking it out of the trade because I thought I was getting low balled, but when I saw it on BGG for $40 and NOT selling, I knew I had a stinker. 

How this lost so much value over the years is I'm guessing for the same reason I'm letting it go too. 

Another fun game but I had to be honest with myself and I knew I wasn't really playing it that much to keep. And like a lot of these games, playing them once a year isn't worth it if I don't feel the need to get it to the table anymore than that. 


Favorite designer. GREAT game. So why dump it? On my last play my nephew and I discovered just how useless the marble drop is. It doesn't shift the marbles AT ALL. Wherever you drop them is exactly which tracks they'll end up on. 

We tested it out after our game and found there was no "randomness" at all. Just wherever you dumped the marbles, the "tower" would leave them in the same position as they dropped. So in reality, you could manipulate the marbles AND colors to go anywhere you needed them for the next round. 

Right there was the deal breaker. Sad that such a great game has such a HUGE design flaw in a critical aspect of the game. 


Oh my poor Queen Games! It's true. I've loved this game for years but after so many it's time I let this one go. It's a great light-weight game that sadly has just been played out at this time. I knew if I kept it, it was for "good ole times" and not because I wanted to play it as much anymore. 

No comments: