Thursday, November 30, 2023

2nd Boardgame Purge of 2023 (8)


 I broke the game this year and my nephews saw me do it. Now the game is ruined for all time and had to be purged from my collection. 

What did I do to break the game? All you do is run as fast as you can to the end. Ignoring all other tiles because the points you get at the end will always beat anyone's begining collection. My nephews saw what happened and we all looked at eachother knowing the game was forever broken. I had the kickstarter edition of the game along with the expansion for this one so it's trade value was still high for morons who haven't figured out how easily it was to break the game. No regrets getting rid of this one from Queen Games. 


The one remaining gaming group I used to play with were the last ones to ever request this game. No one else ever did. I enjoyed it but when they stopped coming this year, I know this game would gather more dust than players in an average year, so since I had all the expansions and play mat for it, the trade value was decent enough to let it go without losing sleep over it at all. 


The idea of rolling meeples was wonderful for me. I loved this little game. But it has a huge problem at the end when everyone's trying to score there last relics but only the first 2 to shore up enough support will get to do it in the end. Leaving a big crap sandwhich for the other 2 players who know there's no way they can win the game before the final round ends. 

It sucks. I'm surprised they never came out with a rule change or mini-expansion to resolve the issue either?! So the wonderful fun of rolling meeples wasn't enough to stay in my collection.


Fun game but wasn't getting played but once a year and we always played it wrong! There's no round tracker and if no one purchases a scoring card that round (which happens once or twice per game) you forget to wipe the cards and replace them. Leading to a game that goes too many rounds where EVERYONE has scored enough to go around the track once! It's ridiculous and happens each time we play so I decided to let it go in hopes of recieving a game of more worth.

Which I think it has. 

One last Purge post tomorrow!

No comments: