Tuesday, November 28, 2023

2nd Boardgame Purge of 2023 (6)

 

Kicking things off with another Queen Games!!

This is a fun game but simple dice rolling/engine building. It was only getting played once a year and I have other games that carry the same mechanism but do it better, so that led me to part ways with another game from a publisher I enjoy. 


Simple pick up and deliver with beautiful pieces that I was SURE my wife would enjoy playing with me. When she said "no" I knew this game was doomed. I kept it for years but it never gained any traction in my collection so I had to part ways with it finally. 



I own Ultimate Railroads and no longer require the 1st version of these games. Plus, their trade value was surpringly high even though a reprint is out. I was pleasantly surprised and happy to see these get a new home. 

One of my favorite designers but this game is more for kids than anything else. A Yahtzee style game that only my nephew loved to play. Since he only came over once a year that was really the only time it ever got played. So it moved out to make space for other games in my collection. 

More coming tomorrow!


No comments: