Saturday, December 21, 2019

Survivor: Island of the Idols Review

I meant to post this review earlier this week but with twins, time is not yours to control anymore.

So here I am the weekend of giving my thoughts.

It sucked. The whole season. The characters, the "Island of the Idols" theme as well as all the "drama" and PC BS I HATE that Survivor is slowly becoming.

Seriously. If it weren't for the upcoming season I would be quitting this show for good. That's how disgusted I was with it.

First off, the Island of the Idols, why was it kept a "secret" from the rest of the tribe? Rob and Sandra hiding during tribal council at night was fun at first but eventually EVERYONE knew they were there so why keep them hidden anymore? It just didn't make sense. As did a few of their "lessons" to tribe members. Some of which seemed forced.

The characters were awful for the most part. Only one or two will stick out in memory for me. The whole "Me Too" moment was roll your eyes bad. It's obvious they purposely drummed up the drama to get people to tune in and watch. And the shameful "pre-taped" finale made everything appear staged for dramatic effect.

Also the "dew rag" incident had got to be one of the WORST examples of victim culture I've ever seen! As kids, we wore dew rags all the time. It wasn't a minority centric fashion in the south. We all wore and called them that. To insinuate that it was "offensive" to say "dew rag" is beyond ridiculous.

Seriously, season 40's theme is the ONLY thing that'll keep me watching next year. But my days as a Survivor fan are numbered if they ever have another season like this again.

No comments: