Thursday, July 25, 2019

Young Tom Cruise films

If you didn't know, I'm a huge Cruise fan. So I thought I'd watch his earlier films and see what they were like. Here were the two I saw.

Losin It

A story that takes place in the 60's revolving around a group of highschool kids who make a run down to the border for some paid love.

Cruise is a supporting character and the movie isn't very good. But there was one line near the end that sent me back to my college days as I recalled a former roommate would always quote. Now seeing the movie, it made me laugh to hear the line spoken for the first time in film. I texted him right after watching the movie.

He admitted to not remembering anything about the movie except for that line which I told him was a good thing.

What was the line? Well....kinda PG-13 so I won't mention it here. Is it THAT funny? Nope. Not unless you lived with my roommate from back in the day.

Taps

The next young Cruise movie I watched had him once again in the supporting role about a group of kids in military school that gets shut down after the  school master has an unfortunate accident that got someone killed.

In honor of their disgraced school master, the kids form a coalition to prevent the school from being shut down by staging a takeover and making demands for the school to remain open.

Pretty good film and was engaging the entire time. Well worth seeing if you're a fan of Cruise like myself or just in the mood to watching a decent flick!



No comments: