Thursday, July 11, 2019

Gen 13 Comic (ongoing series review)

If I'm not mistaken I believe I've already review the mini-series of this comic but not the ongoing series because I stopped getting it after issue 2.

Once again when my brother gifted me this series to read I was interested to see if I'd missed anything I would regret. I loved the characters but hated the direction of the series. It was supposed to be based of the mini-series which had them on the run from Ivana and her I.O. goons. In the ongoing series, I think only 2 issues address it. The rest of the time they're on tropical islands, college keggers and a billion other frivolous things that teenagers did back in the 90's.

Confrontations against foes waged in Malls, Concerts and spring break vacations on the beach. It's as if MTV created their own comic about the 90's generation. The exact reason I stopped getting it. It lost it's focus and became uninteresting over night.

It's sad because the characters themselves were truly interesting and I would've loved to have seen more focus on their relationships with one another instead of a road trip the ended up with every girl on the team being stripped down to their undies.

Oh well.

1 comment:

John said...

Literally all I remember of Gen13 is ads in Wizard of the chicks being nearly naked. I think that's all this comic was a vehicle for.