Friday, April 05, 2019

Worst Valentine's Ever

SOOOOO many to choose from her but my worst has to be the time my first girlfriend broke up with me the day after a very weird V-day.

You see it was then I realized that some woman find a "date" for the holidays so they won't be alone. The exact thing happened to me. We were together weeks before X-mas (to make sure she got a gift) through New Years (someone to be with at parties) and leading up to Valentine's (which entitled her to one final gift) until the axe came down the day after. (though I suspected something wrong that evening of the holiday)

It was then I started my book a rules on "dating". I still refer to Dec-Feb as "non-hunting" season for finding a mate, when I speak to younger folks. Guess it skewed my view of the holidays as a single lad.

Now I see the holiday for what it truly is...a cash grab for business and corporations to make money off of.

Have a good weekend folks!

No comments: