Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Games that SHOULD'VE been on the NES Classic Mini

Since I did it for the SNES classic Mini I thought I'd better do it for this system too. Though I have 10 games this time around. Here we go!

Honorable Mention: Bible Adventures

I loved this game as a kid but being an unlicensed game Nintendo would never include this on their mini I know Wisedom Games came out with an "all in one" controller called "The Arkade" in 2016 that sadly isn't available anymore : (

Too bad, I would've bought it in a heartbeat if I'd have known about it back in the day!

10) Burger Time

With so many classic titles already on the system I have no idea why they wouldn't include this on the system. It was one of my favorite classic video games ever!

9) Contra

Really sad not to see this one on the system. EVERYONE knows the cheat code by heart and if would've been a blast to play again!

8) Spy vs Spy

Great memories playing this game at my uncle's back in the day. Played it all night once! A great game with many levels, this wouldn't been a great addition to the min!

7) Paperboy

Though impossible to play as the levels went on, the game was super fun. Really shocked this one didn't make it onto the system.

6) Double Dragon

The most disappointing omission from the mini in my opinion. Super disappointed this one didn't make it on the console. The sequel was lack luster to say the least. They should've had this one on the system.

5) RBI Baseball 2

I could have included the first game in the series on this list too, but the 2nd game was perfection. We played this DOZENS of times back in the day. I wish it would've been a part of the mini roster.

4) Blades of Steel

Best hockey game on the NES! I loved that you could also play a mini game within where you "boxed" the other player. GREAT game!

3) Double Dribble

Basketball games never got any better! These 3 sports game I mention were the trifecta of the NES system for sports!

2) Super Dodgeball

When my brother got this game for X-mas, he was bummed. He asked my Mom if he could return it for something else....then he played it.

Now it's one of our favorite games for the system ever! Really sad when NES was shopping around for filler games to put on the system that they ignored this one. Odd theme, great game!


1) North and South

This game flew under a lot of folks radar when it came out but it was a game me and my buddy Patrick played ALL the time! We loved it! SO much fun!! #1 game I wish they'd included on the system!









No comments: