Thursday, August 16, 2018

Classic NES Review

When these were re-released last month, I was lucky enough to pick one up and try it out. Today I'd like to share my thoughts on whether it's worth the $60 I paid.

In short....yes. Every penny.

It comes with 30 games, and though they're not all homeruns in my books there's a lot of gems on the system I love playing.

Punch Out, Mega Man 2, All 3 Super Mario Brothers games (plus the regular version) Pac-Man, Donkey Kong, Donkey Kong Jr, Galaga, Tecmo Bowl and Zelda.

It carries notable games like Kid Icarus, Metroid, Final Fantasy, Ghosts and Goblins, Kirby's Adventure and Castlevania, but since I never played those games as a kid, they didn't have an impact on me.

Dr Mario and Excite Bike I played but don't really care to play them again.

Disappointing additions they added were the dreadful Adventures of Link and the underwhelming Double Dragon 2.

Overall, I love the system. I can't beat Punch Out but then again I couldn't beat it as a kid either. It's still pretty hard. Same with Mega Man 2 but I beat one of my brothers could since they played it more than me back in the day.

I was able to easily beat Zelda and all 3 Super Mario Brother games which made me feel good. I still got it!!

These sold out all around town the week they came out but if you ever see one in stores, I'd suggest getting it. It's been well worth my money and time!

No comments: