Thursday, August 02, 2018

Best food themed board games

Today I thought I'd talk about my Top 10 board games that involve food and/or drink. Here we go:

10) Burger Boss

A dice placement game about building burgers! Played it at BGG Spring Con this year and loved it so much I had to buy a copy for myself! Simple to learn, fun to play!

9) Papa Paolo

Delivering pizzas has never been more fun with this engine building, tile placement game, which also included area control and bidding. What more could you ask for but anchovies on that pie!!

8) Finca

Another game I discovered at BGG Spring Con and bought, was this wonderful game about collecting fruit and selling it to the villages in town. Very colorful game!

7) Ristorante Italia

A game about running a restaurant. Shopping in the market and coming up with the best dishes for the food critics. Such a great game!

6) Century Spice Road

Is this cheating? A game about collecting and trading spices. Quick to learn and a million strategies to victory. Very good game!

5) At the Gates of Loyang

I don't like many games from Uwe Rosenburg but this game about being a Chinese farmer is well worth my time! Oddly enough, it's counted among his least popular games.

4) Scoville

A game about growing and selling peppers. Absolutely incredible to play! So colorful, with deep strategy and simple concepts. Nothing bad to say about this game!

3) Food Chain Magnate

Voted "Most Boring Looking Board Game" I'm sure, but the fun is jam packed in this one! SUCH a great game that has so many paths to victory and is different each time you play it!!

2) Viticulture

Ah! I don't drink wine but this game about running your own vineyard is Jamie Stonemeiers BEST game ever! Never get bored playing this one!

1) Grand Austria Hotel

Feeding your guests before booking their room is very important in this game. Even though that's only a portion of what the games about, it does qualify for this category I believe.










No comments: