Tuesday, May 09, 2017

Top 5 popular board games I don't like

There's always someone who hates SOMETHING everyone else likes right? Today I'm going to show off the board games most people love...that I don't.

 Power Grid

I was so excited to play this game on my first trip to Gencon but after playing it felt like "Is that it?" The game wasn't fun at all and I was bored a majority of the time. Don't understand how it's been so popular as to inspire several expansions. Guess it's just not for me.

 Puerto Rico

The 2nd game I played after Power Grid was equally disappointing. After hearing a million good things about the game I expected more. Though not as bad as Power Grid it certainly wasn't as exciting to play as I'd anticipated.

 Shadows Over Camelot

I see this game in people's top 10 and every time I wonder "Why?!" This game is brutal. It kicks you when your down and stomps you so you can't get back up. Sure, I won the first time I played but did not enjoy it at all. There's challenging games and there's games that treat players as sadistically as they can. This one is the latter.

 Ticket to Ride

A super popular game that I just don't get. I've played it several times (and different versions) to see if it would change my mind but each time I come out of the game thinking "Well that was pointless!" Everyone I've played with loves it though, so I guess I'm the odd ball out on this.

7 Wonders

I despise this game. Have played it several times and hate it just as much the first time as I did the last. I see it on a lot of Top 10 favorite games and all I can say is To each his own! This isn't my type of game I guess. There's no joy for me each time I play. Though I usually comes in close 2nd every time I've played, I still hate the game.

There's my 5, what's yours?

No comments: