Thursday, May 18, 2017

Best board gamers

I wasn't going to make this list but after a little thought I said "Why not?"

1) Playing for the fun of it

It's so refreshing to see folks just enjoying the game no matter what. Win or lose they always have a smile. I love those types of gamers. I've even sabotaged my own game at times to give them a win if it's within reasonable grasp. Great attitudes around the table make gaming even more fun!

2) The Gamer who plans moves ahead

I love it when I gamer KNOWS what they're doing in the game and waste no time in taking their turn. I'm just like that as well so I have respect for others who aren't indecisive at all during the game. There's not many out there but the ones who have this trait are always welcome at my table!

3) Know the rules

I realize now this list is just the exact opposite from yesterday but let me explain. It's so good to know that if I step away from the table for a drink, snack, phone call or bathroom break, that someone will be there who is capable of answering any questions the group may have about the game. This especially rings true whenever we play out our annual Zombiegeddon games and I have to appoint leaders for the ones playing in seperate groups other than mine. (we break everyone up into groups at the start of the game to help it move along quicker)

These are the gamers I hope to see more of at my table in the future!

No comments: