Sunday, May 14, 2017

BGG Con Wish List (Part 3)

Here's so more games I'm hoping on getting played at BGG Spring Con in a few weeks:

 The Board Game Geek Game

Kind meta I know, but I'd like to check it out and see what it's like. This is at the bottom of my list since it's only for curiosity's sake and nothing more that I'm interested in playing the game.

Basically all it is, is going from one board game store to the next trying to buy as many board games and get the most points to win. Pretty standard but still could be fun. 

 Biblios

I hear so many good things about it but when I look at the ugly dice and boring cards I think to myself "Why?!" Maybe this year it's time to find out.

 Conquest of Nerath

I'm slightly interested in this game because it's very similar to Conquest of the Empire but with a fantasy theme. It's a D&D board game with great pieces and one I've almost bought online but think I should play it first to see if it's for me.

 Hamburgum

Holy cow this one looks good. The pieces look incredible and the theme is building churches for some odd reason. I really hope I like this game. I can't find much out on it but it sure looks interesting to me!
 Korrigan's

I think I just need to play this stupid game about Leprchauns finding their pot of gold once and get it out of my system so I won't be tempted to buy it anymore when the online stores discount it to $10 again!
 Las Vegas

Uber light dice game that looks fun. Don't know if I'd buy it but if it's good enough it may make my list!
 My Village

I hate the "Village" game  this one was based off of. But this version actually looks much better! I'd love to add another Stronghold Game to my collection since I only have one now and it doesn't get played that much. In this game, you're living in a village and trying to leave the biggest legacy until everyone dies of old age. I know, kinda creepy but I dig the gameplay I see for it online so it's worth a try!
 Porta Nigra

Never did I ever think I'd find a game about building structures during the Roman Empire interesting but this game has proven me wrong! I look forward to getting it to the table when I arrive in Dallas at the end of the month.
 Rokoko

I'm a little embarrassed to admit it but a game about designing and making clothes for King Louis XV's gala seems outstanding to me! Such a strange theme to pick for a board game but it definitely has my interest this year!
Vikings Gone Wild

Looks like mindless fun. Depending on how entertaining it is could determine whether it comes back with me or not.

Dream Factory

Ever wonder what it feels like to make your own movie? Well this board game won't even come close to that but it'll try in the most entertaining way possible! Before I go out and search for this one though I've got to play it first.

Paydirt

This game is focused on mining for gold in Alaska....what is NOT to like about that?! The components look good and I'm really hoping this is available in the library. (which I hear is legendary)  Because if this one's good, I'm picking it up pronto!

Man am I excited about this trip.

2 comments:

Tony said...

FYI I have Conquest of Nerath collecting dust in my closet. Let me know if you don't get to play it in Dallas and want to give it a go.

kidcardco said...

Shut Up! Really? I'd love to try it out! You'll have to come over sometime so we can make that happen!