I was shocked.
It was in a terrible location where there's hardly ever any traffic, yet you have to sit there and wait for....no one until the light turns green. I always found it to be a waste of time, I have no idea who put it up or how long it's been up there (it was there when I arrived in 1989) But I'm SOOO happy somebody finally had the brains to say "Hey, this light is useless"
Great choice.
There's a few more in town that make no sense either that I hope they take down soon. I'm also a fan of round-abouts, yet a bunch of idiot drivers here have no idea how to maneuver around them, so I doubt those will ever be popular here.
Either way, kudos to the city of Monroe for taking a step in the right directions (though it probably took over 40 years to do)

No comments:
Post a Comment