I don't know how many times I've seen a movie with this plot.
A family comes in from the rain, which ends up trapping them inside the house. (the rain) Now they must survive with limited food supply and no way out, while also dealing with a mysterious alien threat that can kill them all.
Is this movie interesting in the first act? You bet it is. The "why" and "how" they plan to survive is fleshed out pretty well, as they witness other neighbors stuck in their houses as well, struggle with survival.
Does the 2nd act involve a dilemma where they must find a way out of the house to save someone's life?
Of course! I called that from the very beginning of the movie. For a while I'll admit, I wasn't sure they were going to do it, but thankfully they follow the classic formula hollywood has been using for the past 30 years.
Does the ending explain itself and wrap up with a clear understanding of what went on?
Oh ho ho... no. Remember "Signs"? The movie that dealt with an alien invasion only to find out in the end that these people can be hurt by water....which is what our planet is mostly made out of. Which leads you to wonder how "smart" these aliens were to invade in the first place???
Think that ending, but 11 times lamer. I was confused on the ending and though the movie tries to explain to you what went on, the whole plot makes zero sense.
Avoid this movie. It isn't worth your time.

No comments:
Post a Comment