Wednesday, September 09, 2026

Crisis on Infinite Earths

It's been a while since I've read this series. But since someone let me borrow a copy of the book Marv Wolfman wrote decades later, I wanted to re-read this classic before seeing what the novel held in store. 

This is a wild ride. About half the heroes I'd never heard of before. I'm sure the made up a few but also went through their entire lineup of heroes in the process too. 

Peacemaker (who is now famous) has a small role in this. I didn't know who he was last time I read it and now (since all the movies and tv shows) it's crazy to think how popular he's grown in the past 40 years. 

The story is a convoluted mess though. I couldn't understand why exactly Anti-Monitor was such a threat or where he got his powers from. Or the whole business with how the dimensions worked, but entertaining enough. 

This is the series where they killed off the original Supergirl (then replaced her with an alien clone in the comic) and most notably, Barry Allen the original Flash. Which is one of the rare permanent choices they ever made, as Wally West is still known as the Flash today. 

Overall, not bad. I'm hoping the book can connect the dots a little better and flesh out the story more. 

We shall see....
 

No comments: