Wednesday, August 28, 2024

Top 50 Vintage Games 2024 (in review)

 

50) Down 21

Barely making the Top 50 was this one. it sank low from the previous year buts that's because its only been played once this year. Wildly enough the Mrs played it with me. She rarely plays games, but this one still catches her interest. Not sure how it will hold up next year since she plays less games not that the girls are playing with me, but we'll just have to wait and see!


49) Up 12

Fun, simple game. The buzzard is great and my girls and I had a fun time screaming everytime it swooped down to pick us up! You really feel this bird has it out for you! As long as it stays functional it'll probably have a home in the Top 50. 


48) Down 7

I love the game just fine but just because something comes with a high price tag and has a 3D board, doesn't mean it's the "best" game out there. It's a fun game. NOT worth all the money people are trying to sell it for however. 93% chance in my opinion. 


47) Down 2

Excellent push-your-luck game. Ravensburger made some good ones back in the day. Not sure why it slipped a few places. Perhaps because I've only played it with the games and not with my nephews like I have in the past. 


46) Down 11

A game I never win out but still offers tons of fun to play. Great theme and something I think a lot of non-gamers would enjoy as well as those who love the hobby. 


45) Down 25

Only played once, which is why it's fallen on the list this year. Great game, though I've had to cut the money needed to win the game by 1/3 to help speed it up. The regular version tends to go a little too long during plays. Cutting the total makes the game faster. 


44) Up 2

Fun 2 player game. The girls have enjoyed it too yet they haven't mastered the skill required to put together some great games of this yet. Classic game I played back in my childhood. Happy to have a copy today. 


43) Up 4

Family co-op game. As my kids get older I hope to have some epic games of this in the next few years. If that's the case, I expect this to move up the list too!


42) Down 10

Super awesome game. I don't have many people to play it with me, and it only got played once, which is why is probably sank down the list. This could be in my Top 10 if it got to the table more often. 

41) Up 11

Easy set up. Fun to play and fast! I love them when they're fast and fun!! My girls came up with an interesting way to play. it defied strategy but threw me off my game enough to make things fun. Don't know how much higher this could get but I know this will most likely be in my Top 50 next year as well. 


No comments: