Monday, May 23, 2022

Ugly Christmas Tree

Note: This isn't the tree featured in the picture

My ultimate favorite memory of my Memom was the one that happened at Christmas 15/16 years ago when they came to visit. 

My sister wanted a "nice" looking tree this year instead of our usual tree which consisted of us putting every ornament and light on it. 

So for the entire season Charity got her wish and a "cleaner" tree reigned over the holidays. 

Until the night before Xmas that is....

My brother, Memom and I got up in the middle of the night, went up to the attic and got all the decorations for our tree down and back on just before Christmas day. 

Charity saw it that morning and bawled. We were laughing....everyone but Memom that is. She felt terrible and hated that she was a part of it. Paw Paw just gave her the evil eye the whole time, now looking back on it, it's really the best memory I'll have with Memom. From co-conspirator to regretful accessory in under 5 seconds.  
 

No comments: