Monday, May 23, 2022

Stella!!!!!


 Really funny story was years ago my Memom tried to match me up with someone from her church named Stella. 

I remember she called her up and then gave me the phone. It was super embarrassing for the both of us so after a few minutes I hung up and listened to my Paw Paw get on to her for doing such a thing in the first place. 

Memom was so sad. She moped around all day. 

To cheer her up I offered to ride with her to the bank. She got excited right away and I thought it was because I was speaking to her again. 

Turns out it was another reason. Stella worked at the bank and she wanted me to meet her right then!

It was 2005, I had long hair and ragged jeans on when we met. She was dressed in proper banking attire making things all the more awkward for the both of us.  Another embarrassing moment.

By the time the week was over she had given up on the 2 of us ever making it and I was relieved. 

When I returned home I noticed something. The 2 streets I passed by every day when I turned onto the road to my apartment were "Stella St" and "Vernon St"

The girl's name was Stella Vernon. 

When I told my Mom she exclaimed "It's a sign!" 

To which I responded "Actually mom, it's 2 signs." 

No comments: