Monday, July 20, 2020

Batman/Harley Quinn Movie review

AAAAAAnnnd welcome back to my DCAU reviews!

Today I'm giving my thoughts on the 2017 Batman movie.

First off, it's so much fun to return to the Batman era. Easily the best the DCAU had to offer. This one has Nightwing, Batman and Harley Quinn teaming up against Poison Ivy and some other DC villain I can't remember right now....seriously....just finished 5 minutes ago and don't know his name....kinda looks like swamp thing........

Anyway, the gang is out to stop them but they need Harley's help to locate Poison Ivy.

Realistically this wouldn't happen. Batman's not teaming up with Quinn. The world's greatest detective should have no problem finding Poison Ivy on his own but the excuse they use is some what believable, that due to the time and the danger Ivy's represents (releasing a virus on the world....COVID-19 anyone?) Batman can't afford the time to track her down.

It's good. VERY funny however a little hokey in parts. Nightwing is too juvenile and does some silly things I might could see as Robin but not as the seasoned superhero Nightwing.

There's also a scene at the end of Batman going soft on Harley but I'll forgive it since the movie was entertaining.  As for the ending? Well....it ended....weird. Like, you know they beat them in the end but the story skips over that part. Based on the movie being a little campy, I didn't mind it.

There's also a nice nod to Adam West Batman that I absolutely loved. All in all, this movie's worth your time. Happy to add it to my collection!

No comments: