Tuesday, December 08, 2015

Beanie Babies

As embarrassing as it is to admit, I started collecting Beanie Baby Bears this summer. Why? Well, I used to sell them back in collage when I worked at the collectibles shop in the mall. These little suckers made me rich thru college and were even considered "legal tender" by some folks.

We used to trade these around the mall for all sorts of stuff. I even knew one guy at work who exchanged them with his teacher for a better grade in class!!! Beanie fever was at it's height at the time and none of us cared taking advantage of people who were paying HUNDREDS of dollars for this crap.

Now you can get them at Flea Markets for $2 a pop! Ha! It all started at the Monroe Fair where we saw a dealer selling them and Megan was looking for one to get her mom.

I saw a few beanie baby bears I used to sell the heck out of back when I was a kid and when the guy told Megan it would be 5 for $10 I told her to pick me up 3. Then we went to one flea market after the other and Megan turned it into a hobby for me by picking 2 or 3 new bears up everywhere we went.

I have to admit, I now get excited when I see a new bear I don't have. Like a kid in a toy store wanting to collect all the action figures, yet now it's stuffed bears. (My 6 year old self would be mortified)

My collection isn't pictured above, I'm waiting to set them all up on my book selves before taking a photo of my collection. I'll make sure to post it the moment I'm done.

Like you're really holding your breathe over that post right?

No comments: