Wednesday, January 08, 2014

Star Wars Nerd Triumphant!!

Ok, this matters to absolutely NO ONE but me but I just had to talk about it anyway.

I FOUND THE STAR WARS SHORT "Death in the Slave Pits of Lorrd"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's taken me years and I thought I'd never read on actual copy since it NEVER was released in print but I FOUND it and read it for the first time tonight!

When Megan asked why I was jumping and running around the house for joy, I let her know what I'd found...and she quickly went back to reading her Facebook page regretting the fact that she's stuck with a Star Wars nerd of a husband for life.  

This was one of only 2 Star Wars "expanded universe" stories I've never read and now there's only one left to go!

This one's the hardest because it was only released in the 2009 Star Wars Fan Club Membership kit and it was the ONLY year I wasn't a member. (I have no idea how that happened) Anyway, I've look all over for it and just can't find it anywhere.

The sad thing is it's probably gathering dust in some fanboy's closet at his Mom's house without a clue as how much it would mean to me!

Oh well, at least I found this gem after 3 long years of searching. Maybe someday I'll find the other.

G'night!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Glad you finally found it. I did a bit of search for it myself when you mentioned it a while back, but came up empty. So congrats on your find!