Tuesday, January 07, 2014

End of an era

After a great BCS Championship game I tip my hat to Florida State who played well and deserved the win.

As the saying goes you can't win them all but dang did we come close! I'm not ashamed of the way we played because we weren't embarrassed like Norte Dame, Ohio State, Oklahoma and Texas were during their BCS Championship games and we weren't favored to win, which means we didn't get upset unlike Oregon (and again) Ohio State did. We went out there and gave it all we had and that's all you can ask for.

Overall the SEC won 9 of the 16 BCS Championships, that's over 4 times more than the Big 12 or ACC, and 9 times better than all the others. In fact, all the other conferences combined couldn't equal what we've done in College Football for almost 20 years. If that doesn't speak volumes about the mini-NFL SEC I don't know what will.

I'm proud of my Plainsmen for going out there every week as the underdog and playing till the final second. No one had us ranked for the first 6 weeks of the season. And no one picked us to win against Miss State, Ole Miss, Texas A&M, Georgia, Alabama or Missouri. They said we'd finish 2nd to last in the SEC and even I picked Auburn to go 9-3 at best.

But the Tigers kept winning and I the polls let us remain at #2. A final sign of respect.

Now everyone's jumping on the Florida State bandwagon and I don't blame them. The played a brilliant game. Though we held them to record lows for the season they did the one thing I thought no one could do... stop Treo Mason. Holding him to 200 yards for the game was an incredible achievement and I give credit where credits due.

So goodbye flawed BCS system, next year it's the playoffs and instead of seeing one SEC team in there I'll now get to see two! I look forward to another 16 wonderful years of always being the best. A

Though Auburn didn't make it this year, I'm thankful they went this far in the first place.

So we'll see you next year, War Eagle!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aaaaaaand....there it is. Spoken in true overkill, what I would expect from over-the-top SEC fans. Again I say: BYE BYE STREAK! 0-2 in BCS Bowls!! hahaha!